Planning a party to celebrate a special bride-to-be? You’ve come to the right place. We’ve rounded up everything you need to know, plus a few additional tips, so that you can plan the best bachelorette party for your girl. To make sure we didn’t miss a thing, we interviewed Joanne Barken, owner of The Bach, to get her expert advice on throwing a killer bachelorette party.
Bachelorette Party Etiquette FAQ
1. Who traditionally plans and hosts the bachelorette party?
The maid of honor and the bridesmaids typically plan the bachelorette party. The maid of honor is usually the point person. However, now that these events have become more elaborate, the bridal party usually splits up the tasks evenly.
2. Who is invited to the bachelorette party?
The guest list typically includes the maid of honor, bridesmaids, and the bride’s closest friends. It is usually a smaller guest list than that of the bridal shower. Everyone who attends the bachelorette party should be invited to the bridal shower and the wedding.
3. How much can one expect to spend if they are attending?
There’s really a range here! If the party is local it may cost around $200 to attend. If flights and hotel rooms are required and the event lasts several days, it may cost closer to $1,000-$2,000, depending on the destination.
4. How long does the party typically last?
If it’s a destination bachelorette party it typically lasts for one full weekend. If it is a local event, it’s more likely you will have one full day and night of celebrating.
5. What gifts do you bring for the bride-to-be?
Sometimes there will be a lingerie shower or some naughty gifts incorporated into the bachelorette party. Gifts for the honeymoon are also popular (think monogrammed beach bags). Oftentimes though it is more about the party favors that everyone gets. Bachelorette party survival kits are really big right now!
1. Is the bride-to-be a foodie? A cooking class is a fun, interactive group activity. Plus, after the class, you can all enjoy the amazing meal that you prepared together
2. If wellness is a passion, a group workout class like pilates, spin, yoga, etc., can help get the party started on a healthy and refreshed note!
3. If your bachelorette party destination is coastal or near a popular body of water, a boat cruise might be a fun way to take in the scenery in a relaxing setting. We suggest a brunch cruise with ample champagne!
4. Give the whole group a big confidence boost by scheduling an appointment at a blowout bar or nail salon. Everyone will feel radiant going into the night!
5. Enjoy some good old fashioned day drinking at a winery, distillery, or brewery! If you’re looking to do more than drink, be sure to call ahead to schedule a tour
1. What’s a fun game to play during the lingerie shower?
You can ask all of the guests to bring a piece of lingerie. The bride then has to guess who gave her each piece, and when she is wrong she has to drink.
2. How much should the host spend on the decor?
They should not spend more than they are comfortable spending. After all, the bachelorette party is about spending quality time with the bride and her besties. There are also plenty of inexpensive decor options. You can DIY streamers, tissue paper flowers, etc. to brighten up the room without breaking the bank. View our round-up of bachelorette party essentials here!
3. What is the best way to set a budget for lingerie gifts?
I always tell bridesmaids to think about their total budget for being a part of the wedding. If attending the wedding itself is very costly (flights, hotel, an expensive dress), then it is reasonable to set a lower budget for gifts. cheap formal dresses online